- Our featured member, Marian Burkhardt will celebrate her 100th birthday on March 7. Marian's first teaching job was at St. Paul's Schoolhouse, known as the Indianland Schoolhouse, the little red brick schoolhouse which the society restored and she visited to reminisce in 2010. She also taught the kindergarten class at the Lehigh Township Elementary School for many years before retiring. Many residents of the township will remember her. Please join the Lehigh Township Historical Society in wishing Marian a wonderful centennial birthday.
- The Annual Basket Social will be held on Sunday, April 6, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., at the Lehigh Township Volunteer Fire Company in Cherryville. Tickets may be purchased at the door. The kitchen will be open — come for lunch. Tickets will be drawn at 4 p.m.
- A grand opening of the Historical Centre addition will be held on Sunday, May 4, from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Lehigh Township Historical Centre, Route 248, Pennsville, PA. There will be light refreshments, tours, door prizes, and a souvenir of the occasion. The society is proud to have you visit our new area.
- TAKE-OUT chicken or pork dinners, made by Lorah's Roasters, will be available for pick-up by the Society on Saturday, May 17, from 1 to 5 p.m., in front of the LT Historical Centre. Chicken dinners will consist of chicken, baked potato, roll, and cole slaw. Pork dinners will consist of pork, baked potato, roll and cole slaw. Every dinner will also receive a piece of cake. Price of each dinner ticket is $10.00, available at the LT Historical Centre, or from any LT Historical Society member. Additional baked goods will be available for purchase.
- Annual Mum Sale will be held in September, 2014, at the Lehigh Township Historical Centre. We will also hold a bake sale the same day. — date(s) and time(s) will be announced at a later date.
- As always, remember the Historic Centre and St. Paul’s Schoolhouse are available year round for family, groups and organizations to tour.
— please visit our "Historical Sites" page for detailed information about these events and more.
If you are interested in history, this is an excellent place to get involved. We encourage everyone to attend our monthly meetings held at the Lehigh Township Historical Centre in Pennsville, at 7 p.m., on the second Monday of each month. Opportunities are available to participate in various activities. We could always use more helping hands!
A special thank you to our faithful volunteers who work along with us when we have fundraisers and special programs and activities — you are truly appreciated!
To obtain, maintain, and preserve the history and/or Historical Sites of Lehigh Township and to educate interested persons about the Township's place in history.
- Collect, archive, preserve and display items from Lehigh Township's past.
- Promote public awareness of Lehigh Township history.
- Construct an addition to the Lehigh Township Historical Centre and maintain the present building.
- Preserve St. Paul's Schoolhouse.
- To increase Lehigh Township Historical Society membership.